- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound whole fava beans, shelled (you will need to remove the beans from the pods, and then the outer shell of the fava bean—it’s easier if you blanch them first for 2 minutes)
- 1 pound whole English peas, shelled
- 2 bunches watercress, stems removed
- 2 good handfuls mint leaves, left whole, try to use just small leaves
- ½ bunch cilantro, leaves left whole
- 2 baskets blueberries
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Combine the olive oil with the lemon zest and juice, a pinch of salt and 4–5 grinds of black pepper in the bottom of a salad bowl. Whisk together briskly. Place salad utensils over the vinaigrette.
Pour a little olive oil (really just a touch) into a medium-sized skillet placed over medium heat. Add the peas and fava beans to the skillet and cook for just 2–3 minutes. Do not overcook them. Place the cooked peas and beans into the salad bowl, on top of the utensils. Place all the remaining ingredients in the bowl on top of the peas and fava beans.
When you are ready to serve the salad, toss gently so that everything is well combined.