- 1 piece kombu seaweed
- 4 ounces dried soba noodles
- Chard and Woodland Mushrooms*
- Tamari soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable or miso broth
- 1 poached egg per serving, optional
- Other optional garnishes: Finely sliced green onion, chives, fresh cilantro, wasabi, kimchi, freshly ground black pepper
Bring a pot of water to boil, add the piece of kombu and the noodles and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, discard kombu and reserve noodles.
Add 2 cups of broth to the skillet just as the Chard and Woodland Mushrooms dish is done and heat until piping hot. Season with a little tamari soy sauce. Using tongs, divide the noodles evenly among bowls and then add the vegetables and ladle in the broth. Add an egg on top, if desired, and then get creative with any of the other optional garnishes.
*Related Recipes & Techniques: Seasonal Recipes, Winter 2013-14.